PORTAGE TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WJMN) — Troopers from the Michigan State Police Calumet post were dispatched to a one vehicle rollover crash on Superior Road near Haapapuro Road in Portage Township Sunday night.
Investigation indicated that a vehicle driven by 50-year-old Rodney Barnes of Chassell was traveling south on Superior Road when he lost control of the vehicle on the icy roadway.
The vehicle slid sideways into the ditch area where it overturned and struck a tree. Barnes was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the vehicle, according the Michigan State Police.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation and Local 3 will update this story once more information becomes available.
- “We have come too far together to give up now,” LMAS District Health Department on lack of vaccine doses
- New Mexico congresswoman plans fight for funds to complete border wall
- Security heightens around US Capitol as Inauguration Day draws closer
- ‘We want to sound the alarm:’ CDC warns more infectious COVID strain may become dominant in US
- U.P. Home and Garden show finds a home at Westwood Mall