LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer is scheduled to be featured on the opening night of next week’s Democratic National Convention.
The first-term governor, who is on Biden’s short list, met with him in Delaware last week. Her profile grew nationally in the spring as she confronted the COVID-19 crisis.
At the convention, Democrats will formally nominate the presidential ticket and also adopt a party platform and rules.
- It’s not delivery, it’s recalled: Over 27,000 pounds of DiGiorno frozen pizza recalled
- Tempted to take expired medicines? Here’s what you need to know
- These are the best pumpkin patches in the U.S., according to Yelp
- Gabby Petito’s father at memorial service on Long Island: ‘Most amazing person I’ve ever met’
- Michigan Republicans prepare for 2022 election at Mackinac Island