LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Former President Barack Obama touts Senator Gary Peters of Michigan in a new ad released by the Democratic senator’s reelection campaign.
The 30-second spot shows Obama talking about his “friend” Peters, who is facing a challenge from Republican John James.
Peters served in Congress all eight years of Obama’s presidency — six in the House and two in the Senate before Donald Trump was elected.
Obama credits Peters for working to rescue the auto industry, protect the Great Lakes and pass the federal health care law that bans insurers from using preexisting conditions to deny coverage.
- Jury reaches verdict in Derek Chauvin trial
- Bomb threat under investigation at Dickinson County Healthcare System
- Man builds, donates giant Nintendo Switch
- Biologist names newly discovered insect after coronavirus
- Derek Chauvin trial: Jury begins deliberations as former officer faces charges in death of George Floyd