SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Starbucks is giving away free coffee nationwide to first responders and healthcare workers dealing with the coronavirus pandemic.
In a statement, the coffee chain said the promotion is underway now through May 3.
Any customer who identifies themselves as a first responder or worker in the healthcare system will receive a free tall coffee.
Those who are eligible include:
- Police officers
- Hospital and medical staff, researchers
The deal is applicable at participating Starbucks locations across the US.
Since the start of the pandemic, Starbucks shuttered many of its locations and limited services to drive-through services only.
Additionally, Starbucks said its foundation will also be donating $500,000 to organizations delivering care packages and needed medical items such as personal protective equipment.
- Tracking the Tropics: Zeta weakens to tropical storm, expected to be a hurricane again on Tuesday
- With Barrett on Supreme Court, what’s the future of Roe v. Wade and abortion?
- ‘Out on the town’: 200-pound tortoise back home after escaping Alabama pen
- One week away: Take our ‘how well do you know the candidates?’ quiz
- Social media scams have cost consumers $117M already this year – Here’s what to look out for