AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Founding Partners of Drive, Chip and Putt have announced changes for this season, in regards to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2020-21 qualifying season, originally set to begin May 2nd, is now cancelled. The Founding Partners say this was done to protect the health and safety of all involved.
Also announced, the Drive, Chip and Putt National Finals, originally set for April 5th 2020, will now take place on April 4th 2021, the eve of the Masters Tournament. Each National Finalist will be invited to compete in the same age division for which they previously qualified in 2020, regardless of their age on that date.
Those that bought tickets to the National Finals will be sent a refund in May and guaranteed the opportunity to buy tickets for next year.
MORE SPORTS STORIES:
- HS Football Highlights: Negaunee & Bark River-Harris advance in playoffs
- Packers RB Aaron Jones ruled out of Sunday’s game against Minnesota
- Fresh off suspension, Hinch takes over as Tigers manager
- HS Football Highlights: Rapid River & Cedarville advance after first-round victories
- Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence tests positive for COVID-19
- Brewers decline $15 million 2021 option on Ryan Braun
- Lions release LB Elijah Lee to clear up roster spot
- No. 13 Michigan tries for 3rd straight win over Michigan St
- Iron Mountain advances after Rogers City forfeit
- Norway forfeits playoff game against West Iron County