MIAMI (KDVR) — The Miami Marlins home opener scheduled for Monday night against the Baltimore Orioles has been canceled due to an alleged COVID-19 outbreak within the team, according to ESPN.
According to ESPN’s Jeff Passan, eight more players and two coaches with the Miami Marlins have tested positive for COVID-19, as an outbreak has spread throughout their clubhouse and brought the total of cases in recent days to at least 14.
Ken Rosenthal with The Athletic said, “Two infectious disease experts say the positive results fit the definition of “a clear outbreak” with the club”, according to a tweet on Monday.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
- GOTW presented by the Upper Great Lakes Family Health Center: Escanaba at Gladstone
- Big Ten college towns relishing the chance to see football on Saturdays
- Green Bay Nation: Packers look to reset after beatdown by Tampa Bay
- No Copper Bowl: Virus cancels annual UP prep football game
- Everyone in US gets a free taco after stolen base in Game 1 of World Series