MILWAUKEE (AP) — Victor Reyes had four hits and five RBIs, and the Detroit Tigers pounded the Milwaukee Brewers 12-1 for their sixth straight victory. Surprising Detroit moved back above .500 at 17-16, but it lost starting outfielder JaCoby Jones to a fractured left hand. Jones was hit by a pitch from Phil Bickford in the eighth inning in the reliever’s big league debut. Reyes hit an RBI single in the fourth, a two-run homer in the sixth and a two-run double in the eighth. He also singled in the third. Christian Yelich homered for Milwaukee.
- Football Hall of Famer Gale Sayers dies at 77
- Twins top Tigers 5-4 in 10th, sit half-game behind White Sox
- Brewers rally in 7th, bolster chances with 3-2 win over Reds
- Top 3 on 3: HS Football best plays of week one
- Lions embattled coach Matt Patricia backed by his players