Like Local 3 News on Facebook:
MARQUETTE COUNTY — The 24th annual Marquette County Community Baby Shower and Health Fair is Friday, April 12th from 1:00pm at NorthIron Church in Ishpeming.
The shower is a way to educate mothers in need of resources that are available in Marquette County. Baby gifts are also given to those that attend. Some participating organizations include:
- Community Action Alger-Marquette (CAAM)
- Marquette County Health Department
- The Queens of Heart of Marquette & Alger County
- Care Clinic of Marquette & Sawyer
- YMCA of Marquette County
- Marquette Alger Reading Council
- Child Abuse & Neglect Council
- Early On
- Great Start Collaborative Marquette/Alger
- Superior Alliance for Independent Living
- Retired & Senior Volunteer Program
- Community members of Marquette County
If you are an expectant mother or have had a baby in the last 6 months and need assistance you can register for the event by calling CAAM at (906)228-6522. Registration closes Friday, April 5th.
“We put together a shower to be able to have an atmosphere that celebrates moms, women, and babies and also bring in all kinds of resources,” says Barbie Dupras, Co-Chair of the Marquette County Community Baby Shower.
Donations are also appreciated. Checks can be made out to “CAAM” and delivered to CAAM at 1125 Commerce Dr, in Marquette. Baby gifts are also accepted; such as blankets, toys, diapers, etc.
If you have questions about donating, call CAAM at (906)228-6522.