ESCANABA, Mich. (WJMN) – The Escanaba Department of Public Safety released information on Friday afternoon that one man has been arrested after a threat was made toward Escanaba High School.
According to Escanaba Public Safety, they responded to reports of a threat Friday morning. They are reporting someone called a school office and made a specific threat toward the school. The exact details of the threat have not been made public.
Escanaba Public Schools were placed on an external lockdown until Public Safety Officers finished their investigation.
A man was arrested and placed in the Delta County Correctional Facility in relation to the threat. Their name is not being released by authorities until after they are arraigned. Bond was set for the suspect at $250,000.
- Dickinson Area Community Foundation to hold open house for new location in downtown Iron Mountain
- Consumers Energy gives out $750,000 in Gift Cards to over 60 Michigan communities
- Michigan prisoners will get the option to attend funerals virtually
- Two Marquette County communities to receive Recreation Passport Grant funding
- Winter Snow Fun Holiday Parade returns to downtown Marquette