HUBBELL, Mich. (WJMN) – The woman involved in an incident on Monday night in Hubbell remains in critical condition Thursday, according to Michigan State Police (MSP).
The unidentified woman was transported to a hospital in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
MSP responded to a report call for shots fired at a home at 9:15 p.m. on Monday April 12. After an exchange with troopers, MSP said the woman attempted to re-enter the home, where they feared for the safety of an elderly person inside. That is when officers shot the woman.
MSP has also confirmed there was a man inside the home at the time of the incident. He was not injured.
Detectives with the Michigan State Police Investigative Response Team are conducting a full investigation into the shooting. The officers who were involved in the shooting have been placed on administrative leave, per department protocol.
The finished report will be sent to the Houghton County Prosecutor for review.
- Smithsonian will display Star Wars X-Wing in 2022
- Increase in shipbuilding at Fincantieri Marinette Marine gives way for road construction grant
- CDC research projects COVID’s toll on US will dip sharply by end of July
- Gerrymandering within U.P. counties to be discussed in League of Women Voters webinar
- Upper Great Lakes Family Health Center to hold vaccine clinic for teens ages 16 and 17