SOUTHFIELD, Mich. (AP) — A 20-year-old man has been jailed in connection with the fatal shooting of his 8-year-old sister inside a suburban Detroit apartment.
Police said Gyasi Stribling initially was arraigned on assault with intent to murder and using a gun during a felony charges.
The Oakland County prosecutor’s office said those were expected to be upgraded after the girl’s death.
She was shot in the head Sunday in Southfield, northwest of Detroit, and later died at a hospital.
Investigators initially were told the girl was shot during a robbery. A gun later was recovered after being hidden.
The girl’s mother and another brother were home at the time of the shooting.
- Message in a bottle discovered decades after it floated away
- Trouble breathing, tooth loss: Some COVID-19 patients face lasting effects
- Auto shop pays $2,033 to clear unpaid school lunch debts
- Michigan health director resigns; Whitmer names successor
- Michigan DNR seeks input on draft of public lands strategy