GOULD CITY, Mich. (WJMN) – St. Ignace Post Troopers were dispatched to a Gould City residence on July 19 on a suspicious situation report.
Troopers observed several indicators of foul play. After contacting witnesses in the area, information revealed a possible homicide. A search warrant was prepared and executed at the residence. Investigation revealed a deceased male at the residence that had been shot. The homeowner was located during this time and taken into custody. A 42-year-old male suspect is in custody and being lodged at the Mackinac County Jail on an open murder charge. The victim, a 30-year-old male, was from Engadine. The suspect and victim were related.
Brian Michael Webb was arraigned Tuesday afternoon in the 92nd District Court of Mackinac County on a single charge of Open Murder. The victim, Johnathon Palmer, was a brother to Webb.
Troopers were assisted by deputies from the Mackinac County Sheriffs Dept as well as the MSP Forensic Lab, MSP Aviation Unit, and the MSP Emergency Support Team. The investigation is on-going and further information will be released at a later time.
- AMBER ALERT: Infant missing in WI Rapids
- State troopers from St. Ignace Post administer life-saving measures to woman at Clyde’s Drive-In
- Veterans Affairs expanding benefits and processing additional disability claims
- Portage Lake District Library launches skateboarding and STEM program
- 2 million dehumidifiers sold at Walmart, Lowe’s recalled over fire hazard