OTTAWA COUNTY, Okla. — The Ottawa County Sheriff is being charged in a multi-county grand jury indictment.
Sheriff Jeremy Floyd was indicted Thursday on perjury and embezzlement charges.
Floyd was arrested at his home Friday morning by the Miami Police Department and is currently being held in the Ottawa County jail on a $50,000 bond.
An investigative state audit released back in June found several spending problems within the Ottawa County Sheriff’s Department.
David Dean will replace Floyd as the county’s sheriff when he is sworn in, in January.
- Local 3’s Soup for Bowls Campaign wraps up
- Smooth UP Art Gallery to host One Love Comedy Jam
- Marquette County Sheriff Greg Zyburt gives department’s February and update on Rescue 131
- Great Lakes Recovery Centers prepares to open John Kivela house
- Marquette County Health Department clarifies definition of super spreader events