UPDATED 8/17/2021 AT 5:07 P.M. – At 2:30 P.M. on Wednesday, the Michigan State Police dive team was able to locate the missing driver, 21-year-old James Davis of Crystal Falls.
The incident remains under investigation and officials say that it is believed that alcohol was a contributing factor in the incident.
AMASA, Mich. (WJMN) – According to the Iron County Sheriff’s Officer, the caller advised that a vehicle was located near the Snack Rapids boat launch on the Net River.
The vehicle was removed from the river but the owner could not be located. Deputies, members of the Iron County Search and Rescue, and the MI DNR searched the area including cabins but were unable to make contact with the driver.
Deputies, with the assistance of the MI DNR and the Marquette County Sheriff’s Drone division, continued the search on 8/16 but have not located the driver at this time.
No names are being released at this time.
- Where and when to see September’s Full Harvest Moon
- Former Packers Brandon Bostick opens up about the 2014 NFC Championship Game and mental health seven years later
- Packers elevate Equanimeous St. Brown off of practice squad
- Mask Order issued by Marquette County Health Department for Pre-K through Sixth Grade
- Just Believe prepares for big fundraiser, continues mission with free skin checks