WSJ reports the FTC sent letters to McDonald’s franchisees over the summer asking what’s going on with the ice cream machines. (The FTC declined to comment to the Wall Street Journal.)
The report says McDonald’s franchise owners have complained about how complicated the machines are and that fixing them when they break is hard.
The FTC wants to learn how suppliers and equipment are reviewed, and whether or not restaurant owners are allowed to work on the machines in their own stores, according to the Wall Street Journal.
A 24-year-old ice cream fan fed up with McDonald’s oft-broken machines managed to reverse-engineer the McDonald’s app to create a map of every broken soft serve machine in the United States.
The map tracks the percentage of restaurants that currently have broken ice cream machines and uses red and green labels to identify stores serving up soft serve.
- It’s not delivery, it’s recalled: Over 27,000 pounds of DiGiorno frozen pizza recalled
- Tempted to take expired medicines? Here’s what you need to know
- These are the best pumpkin patches in the U.S., according to Yelp
- Gabby Petito’s father at memorial service on Long Island: ‘Most amazing person I’ve ever met’
- Michigan Republicans prepare for 2022 election at Mackinac Island