PORTAGE TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WJMN) — Troopers from the Michigan State Police Calumet post were dispatched to a one vehicle rollover crash on Superior Road near Haapapuro Road in Portage Township Sunday night.
Investigation indicated that a vehicle driven by 50-year-old Rodney Barnes of Chassell was traveling south on Superior Road when he lost control of the vehicle on the icy roadway.
The vehicle slid sideways into the ditch area where it overturned and struck a tree. Barnes was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the vehicle, according the Michigan State Police.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation and Local 3 will update this story once more information becomes available.
- FBI: Remains found in Wyoming fit the description of Gabby Petito
- Body found in Wyoming as search for Gabby Petito is underway
- FBI investigates 2 bombs found near northern Michigan stores
- COVID calculator: Group develops tool to estimate person’s chance of getting virus
- Nurses are leaving the profession, and replacing them won’t be easy