HANCOCK/HOUGHTON, Mich. (WJMN) – If you travel across the Portage Lake Lift Bridge frequently, expect closures the next three nights.
Contractors for the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) will be performing work requiring brief closures of the Portage Lake Lift Bridge between Houghton and Hancock starting early Tuesday morning.
Between 2 and 5 a.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings, multiple brief closures of the bridge will be required for finger joint removals on the upper deck of the moveable span. These closures will result in brief delays for vehicle, pedestrian, and bicycle traffic. The closures are planned to last for approximately 10 minutes each. Between closures, traffic will be allowed to clear.
This schedule is tentative and may be adjusted. According to MDOT, this work is part of the ongoing repair project to help ensure continued safe and reliable operation of the bridge.
- LOCAL 3 SATURDAY’S WEATHER FORECAST 10/23/2021
- The 5th Down: High School Football Highlights & Scores (10/22/21)
- Video shows fearless feline chase coyote away from Oregon home
- ‘Please be aware’: Police urge caution as deer become more active
- Costs add up for Benton Harbor restaurants amid water problems