HOUGHTON COUNTY, Mich. (WJMN) – Contractors for the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) will be performing work requiring closures of the Portage Lake Lift Bridge between Houghton and Hancock starting early Thursday morning.
Between 2 and 5 a.m. Thursday and Friday mornings, multiple closures of the bridge will be required for equipment replacement on the north bridge tower. These closures will result in delays for vehicle, pedestrian, and bicycle traffic. The closures are planned to last for approximately 30 minutes each. Between closures, traffic will be allowed to clear.
This schedule is tentative and may be adjusted. This work is part of the ongoing repair project to help ensure continued safe and reliable operation of the bridge.
- NMU Faculty Union passes vote of no confidence in Board of Trustees
- Sheriff warns of phone scam pretending to come from Marinette County Sheriff’s Office
- La Niña ‘to emerge shortly,’ NOAA says. Here’s what it means for winter
- Young Chicago Bears fan recounts memorable but unlikely encounter with Aaron Rodgers
- Marquette County 4-H holds online fundraiser to continue serving area youth