HOUGHTON LAKE, Mich. (AP) — A popular winter festival is switching to a February weekend because of coronavirus restrictions.
Tip-Up Town USA in Houghton Lake promotes itself as Michigan’s longest-running winter festival, with a polar bear dip, snowmobile drag racing, ice fishing contest and more in Roscommon County.
The Jan. 16-17 dates have been switched to Feb. 27-28 because of restrictions on attendance at outdoor events.
Tip-Up Town began in 1950, according to the local Chamber of Commerce.
- Body found in Wyoming believed to be Gabby Petito
- Body found in Wyoming believed to be Gabby Petito; search continues for fiancé
- FBI investigates 2 bombs found near northern Michigan stores
- COVID calculator: Group develops tool to estimate person’s chance of getting virus
- Nurses are leaving the profession, and replacing them won’t be easy