McMILLAN, Mich. (WJMN) – Central Dispatch confirms firefighters are responding to flames in the area of Bass Lake in Luce County near the town of McMillan.
The first call came in around noon on Friday.
According to the Michigan DNR, the fire is less than an acre in size, with flames less than six inches hight.
A DNR fire engine is working with a local volunteer fire department. The fire is expected to remain small.
No cause of the fire has been established yet. No homes or other structures in the area are in danger.
To learn more about fire danger ratings around the state, the DNR has a helpful map and resources.
- It’s not delivery, it’s recalled: Over 27,000 pounds of DiGiorno frozen pizza recalled
- Tempted to take expired medicines? Here’s what you need to know
- These are the best pumpkin patches in the U.S., according to Yelp
- Gabby Petito’s father at memorial service on Long Island: ‘Most amazing person I’ve ever met’
- Michigan Republicans prepare for 2022 election at Mackinac Island