SAULT STE. MARIE, Mich. (WJMN) – Michigan State Police troopers helped spread a bit of holiday cheer on Monday.
The Sault Ste. Marie Post delivered turkeys and gift bags with traditional Thanksgiving meal items to local community members. The items were either given out as a surprise on traffic stops or hand delivered.
Fifteen lucky families were the recipients of the turkeys and gift bags.
The food items were donated by the Sault Ste. Marie Save-A-Lot.
The MSP is “proud to be a part of this program that gives back to members of the communities we serve and value so highly. The MSP would like to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving and to enjoy this holiday as much as we enjoyed being a part of this program.”
- 2 structure fires in Iron Mountain Tuesday, dog revived by first responders
- Stars keep hot start going with OT win over Red Wings
- Let down your hair: Army announces new rules for ponytails, nail color
- Man arrested for injecting people with untested COVID ‘vaccines,’ officials say
- DNR purchases 2 Western Upper Peninsula trail easements