NEWBERRY, Mich. (WJMN) – Troopers from the Michigan State Police, Sault Ste. Marie Post are investigating a traffic crash in Luce County that took the life of a Newberry resident.
On Thursday, September 23 at approximately 1:30pm, Nancy Whalen, 75 years old of Newberry, entered the intersection of M28 and County Rd 403 in front of a Charter Spectrum truck travelling westbound on M-28 causing the crash. Whalen was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the truck was treated and released for minor injuries.
The crash remains under investigation. Alcohol, drugs, and speed are not suspected factors in the crash. MSP troopers were assisted by Luce County Sheriff’s Dept, Luce County Fire/EMS, and MDOT.
- Holy Cross Cemetery holds candlelight service for pregnancy and infant loss
- NMU Faculty Union passes vote of no confidence in Board of Trustees
- Sheriff warns of phone scam pretending to come from Marinette County Sheriff’s Office
- La Niña ‘to emerge shortly,’ NOAA says. Here’s what it means for winter
- Young Chicago Bears fan recounts memorable but unlikely encounter with Aaron Rodgers