MARQUETTE, Mich. (WJMN) — Two hikers were rescued Thursday night after becoming too dehydrated and weak to make it down Sugarloaf Mountain, according to Marquette Township Fire and Rescue.
Emergency crews received the call around 8:39 p.m. They found the hikers on the back side of the mountain near the top. One hiker had to be carried off the mountain by firefighters using a stokes basket. The other hiker was able to make it down the mountain with assistance.
The hiker who was carried off the mountain was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.
Chocolay Township Fire Department assisted with the rescue.
- Former NYT columnist Bari Weiss releases ‘Twitter Files Part Two’
- Major animal poaching ring busted by CA Fish and Wildlife
- Copper Country Senior Meals accepting orders for ‘Holiday Cookie Box Fundraiser’
- Private school defends dean after Project Veritas claims sex toys shown in class discussion
- Marquette streets filled Winter Snow Fun Holiday Parade