MENOMINEE, Mich. (WJMN) – Brian William Helfert of Menominee County recently was arraigned on 16 felony charges relating to sexual assault of a minor.
He has requested a modification to lower his bond, the motion will be heard by the Hon. Mary B. Barglind on July 2 at 10:00 A.M. The motion lists reasons for lowering the bond and requests that bond be set at 10% of 100,000 instead of $250,000.
Jeffrey T. Rogg, Menominee County Prosecuting Attorney, has also submitted a response in opposition to the motion. He motions to raise Helfert’s bond to $750,000.
Both motions are available to be read below.
- Woman charged after Gladstone man hit and killed while walking on side of road
- SAIL to hold cornhole tournament August 21 to raise funds for an Action Trackchair
- Climate council to discuss energy intensive industries
- Whitmer’s veto of reading scholarships sparks voucher debate
- Senators race to overcome final snags in infrastructure deal