MARQUETTE, Mich. (WJMN) – Local gardeners are invited to the third annual Community Crop Swap in the Woodland Church Parking lot at 1804 Wright St., on Saturday, September 25.
Check-in begins at 10:00 A.M. The event is sponsored by Transition Marquette, MQT Growth and the Queen City Seed Library. The crop swap highlights the need for people to get the most from their gardening efforts and keep food from going to waste. Home gardeners with a surplus of one type of produce can swap with another gardener who has a different type of surplus. This allows gardeners to ‘smooth out’ or ‘fill in’ gaps in their harvest.
Remaining produce will be donated to the Warming Center of Marquette. For more information, contact Michael Riesterer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 906-360-6839.
- Enjoy a day of family fun at Ford Airport Day in Kingsford on Saturday
- Rival teams come together to honor veterans
- UPDATE: Second body found in search on missing kayakers at Pictures Rocks National Lakeshore
- Dickinson-Iron District Health Department issues mask requirement for educational settings
- Your body’s backup immune system remembers COVID virus, research shows