MARQUETTE COUNTY, Mich. (WJMN) — According to a GoFundMe page, 19-year-old Hunter Laakso who was hit by a truck on Saturday while walking home from a friends house is currently in stable condition.
The family wrote on the GoFundMe page that he has extensive injuries and has had multiple surgeries to stop any internal bleeding.
MARQUETTE COUNTY, Mich. (WJMN) — Saturday morning, The Marquette County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to US-41 near County Road CJ, just west of Jerzee’s 41 Club in Ely Township, where a pedestrian who was walking along the road edge was struck from behind by a mid to large sized service vehicle.
The 39-year-old Wisconsin driver, formally from Marquette County, was heading to work when the collision occurred.
The driver said he was heading easy when he came upon a subject who was walking east along the road edge and fog line. The driver was not able to avoid the collision.
The walker was wearing dark clothing at the time making them harder to see.
The 19-year-old Ishpeming man was injured and brought to UP Health Systems-Marquette by UPHS-EMS-Ishpeming.
The victim was in serious conidition at the time of the admittance to the emergency room.
Evidence at the scene appears to show the Ishpeming man was walking in the same direction as traffic.
Alcohol may have been a factor in the crash with further investigation being taken.
No citations were issued.
- ‘Something we can call our own’: The heyday of Michigan’s Black resorts
- Twitter announces ‘Super Follows,’ and not everyone is happy about it
- Fundraiser for Dan Rouleau at Hancock High School Hockey game Friday, February 26
- Black soldiers faced discrimination in Vietnam, back at home
- Restaurants find a bright side to the restaurant occupancy restrictions