MARQUETTE, Mich. (WJMN) – People were welcome to tour the beautiful scenery today at the Marquette Beautification and Restoration Committee’s 27th Annual Garden Tour.
There were five different homes in the city that people could venture off to, to see some pretty gardens. This is the largest fundraiser for the organization.
“This is the fundraiser that pays for the flowers along Front Street for Petunia Pandemonium,” said Jill LaMere, president of the committee. “And we also do the roundabout on Front Street. We do Tammy’s Garden up at Father Marquette Park, Ellie’s Garden at Fourth and Washington and at the West End Welcome sign we have a garden there. So the materials and the maintenance for those projects is quite expensive. We get quite a bit of help from the city which is wonderful but the rest is up to us so we depend on fundraisers like this to give us a boost.”
For more information on this organization, click here.
- Body found in Wyoming as search for Gabby Petito is underway
- FBI investigates 2 bombs found near northern Michigan stores
- COVID calculator: Group develops tool to estimate person’s chance of getting virus
- Nurses are leaving the profession, and replacing them won’t be easy
- Teams search for Brian Laundrie; Gabby Petito still missing