PALMER, Mich. (WJMN) – On August 31 troopers from the Michigan State Police Negaunee Post responded to a residence on Nicholas Avenue in Palmer at around 4:00 P.M. to investigate an incident where a pedestrian was struck by a vehicle.
Investigation revealed that a man was unloading construction materials from a Chevrolet Avalanche in a private driveway when the driver of the vehicle put the vehicle in reverse and inadvertently struck the man unloading the materials. Life-saving measures were performed at the scene by responding personnel.
The man was transported to UPHS Marquette by EMS where he passed away from his injuries. The incident remains under investigation.
Troopers were assisted at the scene by the Forsyth Township Police Department, Marquette County Sheriff’s Office, Richmond Township EMS/Fire and UPHS EMS.
- COVID calculator: Group develops tool to estimate person’s chance of getting virus
- Nurses are leaving the profession, and replacing them won’t be easy
- Teams search for Brian Laundrie; Gabby Petito still missing
- AMBER Alert issued for 7-year-old Gary, IN boy
- Flight attendant promises to ‘be annoying’ about mask requirement in viral video