UPDATE 9/8/2021: The person who fell from a cliff at Presque Isle Park on September 6 has been identified as 20-year-old Drew Barron from Caledonia, Michigan. There is no foul play suspected based on the investigation.
MARQUETTE, Mich. (WJMN) – One person is dead after falling from a cliff on Presque Isle Park.
On September 6 at approximately 1:04 p.m., the Marquette Police Department was dispatched to the park after the incident was witnessed by others in the area.
First responders attempted to rescue the victim who was located in Lake Superior near the shoreline. The victim was unresponsive, and first responders attempted life-saving efforts. The victim was transported to UPHS – Marquette where the victim was pronounced dead.
The investigation is ongoing at this time, but preliminary information suggests that the victim fell while descending the cliff to take photographs.
Marquette Police Department was assisted by Marquette City Fire Department, Marquette County Sheriff’s Office, UPHS-Marquette EMS, and the U.S. Coast Guard.
Marquette Police Department wants to remind visitors to Presque Isle Park to stay back from the cliffs, and to use caution around unprotected hazards in the park.
- Seney Snowmobile Association looks to rebound after tools reported stolen
- Possible salmonella contamination spawns recall of fruit cups and trays sold at Kwik Trip
- Florida driver arrested after street race ended with Corvette ripped apart
- Life expectancy rises, but still trails pre-COVID level
- Spotify Wrapped, Apple Replay now available: How to see your top songs, artists