MARQUETTE, Mich. (WJMN) – Today, the Shiras Steam Plant Boiler #3 was removed from the building.
This Boiler Unit was the largest at the Shiras Steam Plant, supplying over 90% of the power to our community since the early 80’s.
Marquette Board of Light and Power tells Local 3 News, the demolition of the Shiras Steam Plant is still on track to be completed by year end.
- Video shows fearless feline chase coyote away from Oregon home
- Costs add up for Benton Harbor restaurants amid water problems
- Tree planting event brings inclusivity to the world of conservation
- Deadly bacterial infection linked to room spray sold at Walmart
- State leaders kick off MI New Economy Plan tour in Marquette