MARQUETTE, Mich. (WJMN) – On February 9 at 12:51 P.M. the Marquette County Sheriff’s Office responded to a single-vehicle snowmobile traffic crash on DNR snowmobile Trail #14 in Marquette Township.
Michael Sampson, a 78 year old male from Sterling Heights was heading northbound on his snowmobile in a group of six snomobilers. Sampson accidently pushed on the throttle instead of the break while in a curve. He exited the trail and was ejected from his snowmobile.
Sampson was transported off the snowmobile trail to UP Health Systems-Marquette for a pelvic injury. The Marquette county Sheriff’s Office was assisted on the scene by Marquette Township Fire and EMS and UP Health Systems EMS.
- FDA authorizes Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine
- Northern Michigan University nursing and ROTC students participate in trauma simulation
- Michigan bars, restaurants get more time to renew liquor licenses
- WATCH: Local 5’s African American Icons: Honoring Black History Month
- Isle Royale Opening in 2021; Ranger III reservations start March 1 for summer trips