MARQUETTE, Mich. (WJMN) — Northern Michigan University will open its Superior Dome to students when classes begin August 17.
Free community access to walk and jog in that facility, as well as the Berry Events Center, will be postponed until October 1.
“The October date is tentative, depending on the COVID-19 situation at that time,” said Carl Bammert, Associate Athletic Director-Facilities.
“The university decided not to open those buildings fully right now, but to do it slowly instead to reduce any potential risk to community members in more vulnerable populations.”
- Video shows fearless feline chase coyote away from Oregon home
- Costs add up for Benton Harbor restaurants amid water problems
- Tree planting event brings inclusivity to the world of conservation
- Deadly bacterial infection linked to room spray sold at Walmart
- State leaders kick off MI New Economy Plan tour in Marquette