MARQUETTE, Mich. (WJMN) — Northern Michigan University will open its Superior Dome to students when classes begin August 17.
Free community access to walk and jog in that facility, as well as the Berry Events Center, will be postponed until October 1.
“The October date is tentative, depending on the COVID-19 situation at that time,” said Carl Bammert, Associate Athletic Director-Facilities.
“The university decided not to open those buildings fully right now, but to do it slowly instead to reduce any potential risk to community members in more vulnerable populations.”
- Main Street Calumet encourages supporting local eateries and bars with #rideoutcovidcalumet
- Should you be wearing two masks? Here’s what Dr. Fauci says
- Michigan records 1,476 more coronavirus cases, 79 deaths
- Wisconsin hunters harvest more turkeys in 2020, see 21% increase
- Whitmer to portray a ‘resilient’ Michigan in State of the State