MARQUETTE COUNTY, Mich (WJMN) – The Marquette County Suicide Prevention Walk is going virtual this year from September 28 – October 3.
This year, the walk will have no affiliation with a national organization meaning 100% of funds raised will stay in Marquette County. Funds will be used for education and resources like support groups for people who have lost a loved one to suicide.
Sarah Derwin, a health educator at the Marquette County Health Department spoke with Local 3’s Rebecca Bartelme about the event.
To register and raise funds for the cause, click here.
- Whitmer, new MDHHS chief to hold coronavirus briefing this afternoon
- WGN America to rebrand as NewsNation with launch of new shows in March
- Wisconsin’s 7-day average of positive COVID-19 cases continues to drop
- Multiple people arrested, ejected during Sunday’s Packer game
- Ex-Trump spokeswoman Sanders running for Arkansas governor