MENOMINEE, Mich. (WJMN) – Menominee County 911 says that wireless carriers have begun decommissioning 3G networks in the county.
This means that 3G devices will no longer work even for calling 9-1-1. Older 3G models of Tracfones, flip phones, Jitterbugs etc… will begin to fail sooner rather than later according to Menominee County 911.
To check if a deactivated, 9-1-1 only phone is affected, check the phone’s IMEI serial number displayed in the phone’s “About” tab. Pressing*#06# on a phone’s keypad may also show the IMEI. Enter the resulting number at www.IMEI.info for details on the device and cellular network that it is set up for.
Menominee County is asking that everyone check their device and help loved ones to ensure connection with each other and the ability to call 9-1-1 in case of an emergency.
- Marquette County Health Department releases guidance for COVID-19 booster dose
- Meet your favorite local authors, poets at the Upper Peninsula Authors Day Book Fair
- Two U.P. communities to receive funding for water system upgrades
- Congress faces packed agenda as Senate Republicans block bill to fund the government
- Former rivals partnering on ballot proposal to add Michigan to popular vote compact