ESCANABA, Mich. (WJMN) – Escanaba Department of Public Safety were called to Walmart at 601 N. Lincoln Rd at 9:37 PM on May 4 for reports of a man entering the store with a rifle.
After the store was evacuated and the store was locked down, officers searched the store. A review of surveillance video showed that store merchandise was mistakenly identified as a rifle.
Escanaba Department of Public Safety was assisted by Delta County Central Dispatch, Delta County Sheriff’s Department, Michigan State Police – Gladstone Post, Michigan State Police- Hometown Security team, Upper Peninsula Substance Enforcement Team, Hannahville Police Department and Menominee County Sheriff’s Department.
- Senate passes bill to make Juneteenth a federal holiday
- Y Wednesday: Kids of all ages learn ninja parkour moves
- About 180 more coronavirus cases; average positive test rate below 2%
- Cost of lumber tumbles after record-high prices
- Salvation Army Marquette County appoints new Corps Officer, Winters relocates to Delta County