Upon arrival, officers found employees removing a laundry basket of towels that had caught fire in the kitchen.
The basket was burning and had to be extinguished by officers.
There was heavy smoke inside the restaurant and ventilation was required. Some upstairs apartment tenants were evacuated for a short period of time.
No injuries were reported.
- Young Chicago Bears fan recounts memorable but unlikely encounter with Aaron Rodgers
- Marquette County 4-H holds online fundraiser to continue serving area youth
- NMU holds Women in Construction event for high school students
- LMAS Health Department and four U.P. hospitals report updates and challenges regarding COVID cases
- Snoop Dogg, Martha Stewart to host new ‘very tasty’ Halloween baking challenge