IRON COUNTY, Mich. (WJMN) — According to the National Weather Service, a tornado hit part of Iron County during severe weather Sunday night.
It happened near Peavy Pond Road not far from Crystal Falls. Many trees were snapped or uprooted.
There was also straight-line wind damage around Golden Lake which is west of Iron River.
A camper had to be rescued from fallen trees but was uninjured.
In the coming days we expect to know more about the strength of the tornado.
- Happy Mother’s Day – Triplet who had Triplets and then Quadruplets!
- US ranks last in the world for paid time off for new moms
- Two arrested for cocaine distribution in Chippewa County
- Top baby names for 2020: Did yours make the list?
- Michigan National Guardsmen can get reimbursed for DC meal expenses