WAKEFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WJMN) –Michigan State Police troopers from the Wakefield post released the name of the 39-year-old Wisconsin male who was found unresponsive at the Presque Isle Falls in Gogebic County.
Ryan Kohnhorst of Merrill, Wisconsin was walking with friends near the Presque Isle Falls when he feel into the river.
The friends could not locate him and called the police for assistance.
Rescue personnel arrived on scene and located the subject unresponsive face down in the river.
He was later pronounced dead at the scene.
WAKEFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WJMN) — On Friday, Michigan State Police troopers from the Wakefield Post were called to the area of the Presque Isle Campground off of County Road 519 in Gogebic County in reports of an individual had fallen from the falls.
When troopers arrived on scene, they located a male in the water who was unresponsive and was later pronounced dead at the scene.
The subject was a 39-year-old male from Merrill, Wisconsin.
The name of the victim is not being released at this time until their family has been notified.
- Northern Michigan to play Michigan Tech this Saturday & Monday
- Jewelry store break in under investigation in Gladstone
- WATCH: Michigan Health Department provides COVID-19 update today
- Methamphetamine co-conspirators from U.P. sentenced to prison
- Salvation Army Red Kettle Campaign moving along smoothly