ELBERTA, Mich. (AP) — Police say a third person has died and a fourth remains in critical condition following a shooting at a home in northern Michigan’s Benzie County.
Undersheriff Gregory Hubers tells WPBN/WGTU-TV that one of the four people shot Friday died at the Munson Medical Center, where the remaining shooting victim was in critical condition.
Hubers had said Friday that a mother and her adult son had died in Friday’s shooting, while the father and another son were rushed to a hospital.
He said police don’t believe any suspects are at large. The shooting occurred in Elberta, a village tucked between Lake Michigan and Betsie Lake.
ELBERTA, Mich. (AP) — Police say two people have been killed and two more were critically injured in a shooting at a house in northern Michigan’s Benzie County.
The undersheriff says a mother and her adult son died, while the father and another son were rushed to a hospital.
The shooting occurred in Elberta, a village tucked between Lake Michigan and Betsie Lake.
Police aren’t looking for suspects outside the home.
Investigators believe the shooting occurred among the the people in the residence.
- FDA authorizes Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine
- Northern Michigan University nursing and ROTC students participate in trauma simulation
- Michigan bars, restaurants get more time to renew liquor licenses
- WATCH: Local 5’s African American Icons: Honoring Black History Month
- Isle Royale Opening in 2021; Ranger III reservations start March 1 for summer trips