ALPENA, Mich. (AP) — A published report says an Alpena judge who was removed from the docket a year ago remains under investigation.
The Alpena News says Michigan State Police are still investigating Michael Mack, along with legal support from the Attorney General’s Office.
Police records obtained by the newspaper show the investigation started in October 2019 after Alpena authorities were concerned about information divulged during an unrelated police investigation.
Mack told the newspaper he has apologized for “unethical lapses” regarding improper communication and hopes he can continue to practice law.
He’s working in a defense attorney in the northern Lower Peninsula.
- Tails and Tales: Peter White Public Library welcomes back special reading program
- Child tax credits: IRS unveils tool to check eligibility, manage monthly payments
- Moms push back against transplant discrimination based on disability
- Rehab center helps wild animals hurt in storms
- Spider-Man meets Pope Francis at the Vatican