LASALLE TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — An official says the cause of a fire that destroyed a marina building with hundreds of boats might never be known because of the extensive damage.
The building’s roof and sides collapsed Friday at Toledo Beach Marina in Monroe County in southeastern Michigan.
An estimated 200 boats were stored inside. State police will investigate. But the fire chief in LaSalle Township says the cause could be elusive.
Randy Howe says, “Things had to be torn apart to actually take care of the fire.”
Howe says he’d be surprised if investigators can pinpoint it.
LASALLE TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — A building loaded with boats is on fire in southeastern Michigan, sending smoke for miles along Lake Erie.
Monroe County emergency manager Mark Hammond says The number of boats at Toledo Beach Marina could be in the hundreds.
The marina is in LaSalle Township, a few miles south of Monroe and just north of the border with Ohio.
TV stations shot video from the sky showed clouds of black smoke and a building swamped by fire.
- Bomb threat under investigation at Dickinson County Healthcare System
- Man builds, donates giant Nintendo Switch
- Biologist names newly discovered insect after coronavirus
- Derek Chauvin trial: Jury begins deliberations as former officer faces charges in death of George Floyd
- Oscar G. Johnson Medical Center celebrates National Volunteer Week