DETROIT, Mich. (WLNS) – Border Patrol agents rescued two kayakers who were reported missing Monday evening.
The Grosse Ile Police Department received a 911 call from the father of one of the kayakers reporting them missing near Stony Island in the Detroit River.
The Gibraltar Border Patrol Station’s Marine Unit began a systematic search of the area and was able to find them in 45 minutes.
One of the kayaks had overturned and the person was in the water when they were found.
Both appeared to be in good health and declined medical attention when they were pulled from the water and taken to shore.
- Desert communities told to evacuate as winds stoke flames
- Virus measures targeted by protesters despite case spikes
- Homes burned as winds push California fire into desert floor
- Pandemic retools diplomacy as world leaders gather virtually
- Minneapolis to name stretch of street for George Floyd