MOLINE, Mich. (AP) — Authorities say a woman riding a horse was killed when a car ran into a group of horse riders on a rural road in western Michigan.
The Allegan County Sheriff’s Office says the collision happened about 9:30 p.m. Friday when a car approaching from behind a group of three horse riders struck two of the animals.
One badly injured rider was taken to a hospital from the scene about 15 miles south of Grand Rapids.
That rider, 26-year-old Brittany Fender of Schoolcraft, died from her injuries.
Another horse rider suffered minor injuries.
- Vista Theater moves another step forward with hiring debris contractor
- After the US’s worst week of COVID-19 cases, here’s where your state stands
- Nearly 3,800 more coronavirus cases confirmed in Michigan
- Judge orders Postal Service to take extraordinary measures
- Township police department sidelined because of coronavirus