DETROIT (AP) — A lawyer has died after a crash with Detroit police early Monday.
Friends say the victim was Cliff Woodards, a longtime defense attorney in Detroit-area courts.
Police say Woodards was traveling south about 1 a.m. when his car was struck by a police vehicle traveling east with siren and lights activated.
Chief James Craig says the officers’ actions were “troubling.”
Lillian Diallo, vice president of the Wayne County Bar Association, says Woodards “could bring joy to a courtroom” with his colorful clothes and aggressive advocacy.
- ‘Something we can call our own’: The heyday of Michigan’s Black resorts
- Twitter announces ‘Super Follows,’ and not everyone is happy about it
- Fundraiser for Dan Rouleau at Hancock High School Hockey game Friday, February 26
- Black soldiers faced discrimination in Vietnam, back at home
- Restaurants find a bright side to the restaurant occupancy restrictions