SPRING LAKE TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — A motorist failed to stop at a T-intersection in western Michigan, plowed through a cemetery’s chain-link fence and struck about a dozen headstones.
The Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office says the vehicle traveled more than 150 feet inside Spring Lake Cemetery before it came to a stop about 3:50 a.m. Tuesday.
People in the area located the 59-year-old driver and took her to a hospital. She suffered injuries that were not considered life-threatening. Deputies said a medical condition may have contributed to the crash.
Spring Lake Township is northwest of Grand Rapids.
- Watch: Moose takes a swim next to paddleboarder in Colorado lake
- Georgia to review county’s ballot drop box forms from 2020
- AG Merrick Garland announces national strategy to stop domestic terrorism
- Marquette Kiwanis raises thousands for community with chicken barbecue
- 9 years of DACA, Dreamers still wait for path to citizenship