YPSILANTI, Mich. (AP) — Eastern Michigan University is encouraging students, staff, alumni and donors to participate in an annual day of charitable giving by supporting a school project or fund.
On Tuesday, the Ypsilanti school will participate in #GIVINGTRUEDAY for the eighth year.
EMU Foundation executive director Bill Shepard said “2020 has been a year of uncertainty” for students, faculty and staff.
The EMU Student Government is making a $20,000 contribution and matching all donations with an additional $20,000 to the EMU Student Emergency Fund.
The fund has awarded financial assistance to more than 500 students during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Pandemic interrupts longtime Isle Royale wolf, moose study
- Airbnb to review bookings ahead of Michigan Capitol protests
- Michigan confirms 1st case of new COVID-19 variant
- ‘Spectacular’ bright-orange bat species discovered
- The most — and least — affordable neighborhoods in the U.S., according to Trulia