PORTAGE, Wis. (AP) — A judge has ruled a Wisconsin man accused in a plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer should be extradited to Michigan, but he will be given a chance to appeal first.
A Columbia County judge rejected the defense argument that the Michigan extradition order should not be granted, arguing that Whitmer has a conflict of interest because she’s the victim.
Higgins is jailed in Columbia County, Wisconsin, until the appeal is decided.
- Third stimulus check: Americans who make more than $80,000 may not get direct payment
- FBI: Suspects trained for Whitmer kidnapping in ‘kill house’
- Everyone okay after truck falls through the ice on Northwoods lake
- Science Course with Ryan Morse: Cocoa powder, from wet to dry in an instant
- Science Course with Ryan Morse: Texas ‘fake’ snow theory debunked