EATON COUNTY, Mich. (WLNS)– Eaton County deputies have arrested Ingham escapee Michael David McKerchie.
McKerchie, a 32-year-old, escaped from the Ingham County Jail in Mason early in the morning on Nov. 13 and has been on the run since then.
To escape, he dismantled his bed and used it to make it look like he was sleeping there. He then meticulously took apart a window and the iron frame.
According to a Facebook post published by the Eaton County Sheriff’s, McKerchie is back in custody with Ingham authorities.
6 News is working to learn more about when and where McKerchie was found. This story will be updated when more information becomes available.
- FDA authorizes Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine
- Northern Michigan University nursing and ROTC students participate in trauma simulation
- Michigan bars, restaurants get more time to renew liquor licenses
- WATCH: Local 5’s African American Icons: Honoring Black History Month
- Isle Royale Opening in 2021; Ranger III reservations start March 1 for summer trips