JACKSON, Mich. (AP) — A Michigan couple who was married for nearly 50 years died seconds apart from the coronavirus.
The couple died on Nov. 24 in Henry Ford Allegiance Hospital in Jackson.
Leslie and Patricia McWaters spent a week at the hospital after getting sick with COVID-19.
Their daughter said her mother visited a doctor two weeks ago after “feeling poorly,” and when she went back home, her dad ended up getting it.
They both got progressively sicker and on Nov. 17 took an ambulance to the hospital.
Leslie and Patricia were cremated, and a future service is being planned.
- How well do the Packers perform in the cold? What type of weather impacts football the most?
- Wisconsin officals discussing legal action against PFAS contaminators
- Northern Michigan to play Michigan Tech this Saturday & Monday
- $1 billion Mega Millions prize a result of long odds, slow sales
- Next COVID-19 vaccine set for approval will be game-changer, says Hawaii lieutenant governor