LAWRENCE, Mich. (AP/WJMN) — Police say a Kalamazoo-area man who vanished in October after visiting friends has been found dead in a wooded area.
Van Buren County Sheriff Daniel Abbott said Monday that the body of 45-year-old Jimmy Green was found Friday in woods near the village of Lawrence.
Abbott says investigators have found no signs of foul play at this time and are awaiting pathology results regarding a cause and manner of death. Green, who was from Parchment, was seen visiting friends in Lawrence on Oct. 7.
Police say that later that day he seen on a surveillance camera footage walking west toward a wooded area.
- ‘Something we can call our own’: The heyday of Michigan’s Black resorts
- Twitter announces ‘Super Follows,’ and not everyone is happy about it
- Fundraiser for Dan Rouleau at Hancock High School Hockey game Friday, February 26
- Black soldiers faced discrimination in Vietnam, back at home
- Restaurants find a bright side to the restaurant occupancy restrictions